Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In Sickness and in Health..


I am blessed. Yesterday Jer and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, the day was a little tainted by the fact I had suffered from food poisoning the night before. So you can imagine my disappointment when all of Jer's "secret planning" would have to be postponed as I rested all day. Despite the fact that my day was full of naps and watching TV I felt blessed. Blessed to have a husband, after saying "I do" two years ago, still takes such good care of me in sickness. It may seem simple, but it is romantic to me. It is romantic that in my less than glamrous state my husband spent his spring breaking caring for me and our son with such love and tenderness and making me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. I am blessed by an amazing man who does the large romantic guestures as well as nursing me back to health. I didn't think when standing up in front of all our friends at the alter that I would be suffering from food posioning two years later (not sure if anyone in the world has ever thought that). Obviously, this is such a small health issue, but it warms my heart that my husband's love and devotion is constant in every aspect of our marriage. It wasn't the romantic evening Jer had planned, but what is a marriage to only be in love in those moments? The love and joy Jer brings to every aspect of our life together is truly beautiful. The wedding day is gone, the flowers have died, the food has been eaten, the guests have left, the pictures remind us of what happened, but Jer's unconditional love is what has lasted. And that is why I am blessed.





1 comment: